Pocket tape measures are tools that need no introduction. Carpenters, surveyors, engineers, plumbers, roofers… Name one occupation in the construction industry, and the people who work in this sector probably have one or two pocket tape measures in their tool bags or toolboxes.
Almost everything these days has been upgraded, so why not the pocket tape measure? You can now purchase a laser tape measure that automatically measures not just distance, but also area, volume, and so much more.
There’s no need to bring a steel tape measure while working on a cabinet or remodeling your kitchen. With this high-tech tool, all you need to do is to point the laser to a workpiece (it can be a wall or a plank of wood), and it will automatically return the distance between the tape measure and the piece you’re working on.
But this is just the tip of the iceberg of what the best laser tape measures can do. We’ve listed some of the best laser tape measures available online so you can see what it can do and to give you an idea of the best laser tape measure brands on the market.
This handy little gadget is a nice gift for a loved one or yourself. So, get your pen and paper ready because we’re counting down the best laser tape measure you can buy online.
- This unit contains a Class II Laser with 1mW output
- 1/16" accuracy and up to 330 foot measuring range. Measuring units-0.000 m, 0.00 ft, 0'00" 1/16, 0 in 1/16. Measurements per set of batteries-up to 10000
- Bluetooth 4.0 for transferring measurements into desired software
- Last 10 measurement memory, Dimensions : 116 x 44 x 26 mm / 4.57 x 1.73 x 1.02 in
- Pythagoras function for indirect height or width measurements. Operating temperature range:14F to 122F / -10C to 50C.Protection class:IP 54, dust & splash protected
- HIGHER ACCURACY - With unique 2 Bubble Levels, providing more precise measurement compared to one bubble; Accuracy:1/16 inch; Measuring range ups to 196 feet to meet your regular measuring need; Hold the U button 2s to switch unit among M/In/Ft freely
- BETTER OPERATION - Handy and compact mode provide good operating feeling; Supplied durable carrying pouch keeps the laser meter off dust; It also for easy carry and hold everywhere; Large LCD with back light supports better visibility in low-light conditions
- VARIOUS SETTINGS - Automatic calculation of area and volume; 30 groups data memory; Manually delete data; 6 units for selection; Calibration; Addition and subtraction; Automatic shutdown without operation 150s; Max&Min values measurement; Assures you a easy and quick measurement to improve working efficiency
- WIDE APPLICATION - With multiple measurement modes like distance, volume, area measurement, continuous measurement and measurement by Pythagoras, the laser level is ideal for home, construction and industries, especially in large areas such as rooms, apartments, buildings, real estates, factories, warehouses, etc
- PACKAGE CONTENTS - Tacklife HD60 Laser Measuring Device 196Ft; AAA Batteries; User Manual; Portable Bag; Hand Strap; Package Box; 24 Months Service(Ideal thanksgiving gifts and christmas gifts for family and friends)
- Accuracy: Features long range measuring with extreme accuracy and measures distances up to 165 feet to within 1/16 inch.
- Easy to use: Simple, one button operation: Press button once to begin measuring; The GLM165 40 is compact enough to fit in any pocket; Features a backlit color display that allows measurements to be easily read, even in dark areas
- Live measuring: Provides default real time measurement that adjusts as you move closer and farther from target, just like a tape measure
- Auto square: The Bosch GLM165 40 laser measure includes auto square function to automatically calculate square footage with the push of a button
- Durable: This Laser distance measure is IP54 rated to withstand tough jobsite conditions such as rain or dust
- 2-in-1 MEASURE - This laser measuring tape combines a 131 Ft laser measure with a 16 Ft tape measure, which makes your work much easier; Long press the UNIT button 2s to switch unit among M/In/Ft freely, decimal and fractions can be displayed to satisfy your all needs; Supports self-calibration of distance with the front reference and the end reference function
- EXCELLENT ACCURACY - Its available with continuous measure, accurate distance can be read within the effective range while moving; Accuracy:1/16 inch; Double sensing holes make the stability of measurement improve significantly; 2 scales with metric and imperial is perfect for accurate measurement
- MAGNETIC HOOK - It can attach to any ferrous material sturdily, which greatly enhances the stability of the blade; Movable magnetic hook improves accuracy for measurement of inside and outside; The measuring tape can be carried to any place easily with wrist strap and belt clip
- ENERGY SAVING & NYLON COATING - Laser will auto-off without operation after 20s and LCD can auto-off after suspending 150s, saving your energy; Press the button UNIT + READ to turn off the item; Nylon coating on double sided scale makes the tape measure more wearable and convenient for using
- WHAT YOU GET - TM-L01 laser measurement tape; 2 AAA batteries; Screwdriver; English User Manual; Package Box; Service Card; 24 Months Service; Class II laser production
- HIGH ACCURACY - With laser precision technology, accuracy ups to 1/16inch, measuring distance extends to 328 feet; Switchable among M/In/Ft for free adjustment
- LCD BACKLIGHT AND MUTE SETTING - Large backlight screen provides you with a better visibility in dark areas; Mute setting allows you turn on or off the measure beep at your will, suitable for using in library, classroom and other quite places
- MULTIPLE MEASUREMENT FEATURES - Area, distance, length, volume, continuous measurement, Pythagorean method-three points; Addition and subtraction; Low battery indication; 20 groups data memory; Manually delete data; Auto shut down after 150s without any operation to save power
- DURABLE AND HANDY - IP54 waterproof level and dust-proof function protect the laser distance measure to the maximum extent; Portable size and hard rubber body provide a good grip; Wrist strap lets you hold the meter steady and carry easily
- WHAT YOU GET - DTAPE Laser Measuring Device 328Ft; 1.5V AAA Batteries; User Manual; Hand Strap; Package Box; 24 Months Warranty(Ideal thanksgiving gifts and christmas gifts for family and friends)
- HIGH ACCURACY+ELECTRONIC LEVELCompared with the traditional horizontal bubble, the electronic angle sensor can be more intuitive and easier to find the horizontal direction. High-precision laser head components can quickly and accurately measure within 0.25s. Measuring range: 0.05m - 60m, accuracy: 2mm, Laser Level: II,
- HIGH CONFIGURATIONEquipped with a light blocking plate, which can be read clearly even in direct sunlight. Protection level IP54 (splash-proof, dust-proof), LCD backlight. Each group of batteries can measure up to 8000 times. With continuous measurement, addition and subtraction, automatic calculation of area and volume, and Pythagorean theorem functions to meet different needs;
- PRACTICAL FUNCTIONWith mute function, laser measure can be used in libraries, classrooms, nearby noisy or other quiet environment gardens. With 20 data storage sets, which can be used to view and compare measurement data after measurement. All measurement values are displayed in real time, and can be switched freely between M / In / Ft. Automatically shut down after 180 seconds, saving power without any operation;
- SIMPLE AND PORTABLEHigh-density wear-resistant, anti-fall. Equipped with wrist strap and canvas bag, you can choose the way of carrying freely. With its small size and convenient pocket size design, the laser distance metercan fit any pocket. Widely used in homes, buildings and industries, especially in larger areas, such as rooms, apartments, decoration, buildings, construction sites, factories, warehouses, height, etc .;
- WORRY-FREE PURCHASEThe package contains: 1 x Laser Distance Measure, 2 x 1.5 V AAA Battery, 1 x User Manual, 1 x Canvas Bag, 1 x Portable Bracelet, 1 x Reflective Plate, 1 x Carton; CE / FDA / ROHS certification. If you have any questions, please contact us, our technical team and after-sales team will always be at your service. (You never know when you will need it. It's always right to be prepared.)
- USB FAST CHARGE + ACCURACY 0.3 ELECTRONIC LEVEL30 mins Quick USB-C charge, no need to search for dry batteries, 8000 measurements on a single charge, save money and protect the environment and improve work efficiency; Compared to the traditional horizontal liquid bubble, the electronic angle sensor shows the angle measured in real time, the data is more accurate, more intuitive.
- PRACTICAL FUNCTION + EASY TO USE + IP54Measuring range 0.16ft - 196ft, measurement accuracy: 1/16 inch; Change four units with a button: m / in / ft / ft + in, 6 display effects: distance, area, volume, Pythagoras (indirect measurement), continuous measurement, addition and subtraction, maximum and minimum values, which can satisfy different measures ; With automatic calibration and error reporting, it optimizes the accuracy of your measurements.
- 2.25'' LCD BACKLIGHT + QUICK MEASURE 0.5S + 99 DATA MEMORY with 2 photosensitive holes and 1 large optical lens, light transmission is increased by 50%, allowing clear reading even in sunlight; The high-precision laser head component can be measured quickly and accurately in 0.5 seconds; It has 99 sets of data memory, which is useful for reviewing and comparing the measured data after the measurement.
- FUNCTION MUTE + 1/4 '' SCREW HOLE FOR TRIPOD + 3 REFERENCE MEASUREMENTSIt has a mute function that can be used in libraries, classrooms, nearby gardens or in other quiet environments; It can measure from three different reference points (front, center and back of the device), which facilitates measurement in different scenarios.
- 2-YEARS QUALITY PROMISE + INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE 1 x POPOMAN laser measure, 1 x USB charging cable, 1 x user manual, 1 x portable bag, 1 x portable bracelet, 1 x reflection plate; FDA/ FCC/ ROHS/ IEC 60825-1:2014 certification.
- The Leica DISTO D2 Laser Distance Measure can measure up to 330 feet.
- Transfer your measurements to your phone, tablet, or laptop easily with its built-in Bluetooth 4.0.
- It is very compact and lightweight. You’ll barely feel its weight even if it’s inside the pocket of your pants, vest, or jacket all day long.
- It has a kickstand/flip-up bottom plate that ensures stability and accuracy.
- It has a dust-proof and waterproof body.
- It is the most expensive laser tape measure on the list.
- You have to pay a monthly or yearly subscription for the app.
The Leica DISTO D2 Laser Distance Measure is simply impressive. It has everything you want in a laser tape measure when it comes to functionality and overall design.
It can measure the usual distance, area and volume, but it is also equipped with a Pythagorean function that is essential for architects, engineers, remodelers, and other professionals. It also has the add and subtract mode, as well as the countdown timer.
My favorite feature so far is the built-in Bluetooth. Install Leica’s Disto Sketch app on your phone, pair it with your Disto D2, and easily transfer your measurements from the tool to your phone. You can download this via the Play Store or the App Store. No need to carry a notebook or clipboard when you have this tool.
- This Tacklife laser measure can reach up to 196 feet.
- The instruction manual, belt holster, wrist strap, target cards, and AAA batteries are already included.
- It has two bubble levels for more accurate measurements.
- It has a backlit LCD which allows you to see the measurements even at night.
- It can calculate area, distance, and volume. It also has a Pythagorean function.
- It can save up to 30 measurements.
- The measurements are sometimes off.
The Tacklife HD60 Classic Laser Measure is a good addition to any toolbox or garage. It boasts of 1/16 inch accuracy and can measure up to 196 feet. The range alone makes it ideal for larger job sites. Plus, it lets you switch from imperial to the metric system and vice versa anytime you want.
The LCD display is illuminated, so measuring distance and area in low-light conditions or at night is no big deal. It even has two bubble levels, so there’s no need to bring your torpedo level especially for smaller projects that don’t require a lot of tools.
But no product is perfect and even the best laser measure sometimes gives an inaccurate reading. Overall, however, it is still a good product.
- This Bosch Laser Distance Measure is a compact and simple tool with multiple functions.
- It has a backlit display. You can see the measurements even at night or in low-light job sites.
- This is ideal for large job sites as it can measure up to 165 feet.
- It also measures in real-time, so the measurement changes as you change the directions.
- The batteries, belt holster, instruction manual, wrist strap, and target cards are included.
- The screen is best-suited in the dark. The read out can be quite hard to see in bright light.
You can ditch your old tape measure when you have this Bosch Blaze Pro GLM165-40 Laser Distance Measure. Instead of a long metal tape that can cause cuts and other injuries if improperly handled, you’ll have a compact, easy-to-use, and safe laser distance measure.
It can measure up anywhere between 1/16 inches and 165 feet. It can measure volume, square footage, and distance. It can even store 10 measurements and features an addition/subtraction function.
Its Class IIA laser technology is precise and reliable. Slip it into your pocket or keep it inside your tool bag to ensure that accurate measurement is just a few seconds away.
- It has a digital display for the laser tape measure. You can check if the readings are accurate with its traditional metal tape measure.
- The distance it can measure can reach up to 131 feet, while the traditional tape measure can reach up to 16 feet.
- Batteries, a screwdriver, and a wrist strap are included in the package.
- Changes in measurements are displayed in real-time.
- The tip of the regular tape measure has a magnet for more precise measurement. You can even use the tip to pick up some fasteners you dropped on the floor.
- You have to use a tiny screwdriver (included) to access the batteries.
For the most part, you can rely on laser tape measures to give you an accurate measurement. But if you’re not quite sold on laser tape measures because you’re the old school type or you just don’t trust it yet, you can always get this Tacklife 2-in-1 Laser Tape Measure.
As the name suggests, it is equipped with a regular metal tape measure and a laser one. This allows you to double-check the measurements if you’re the meticulous type.
It has an LCD with a bright backlight — perfect for when you’re working in a basement or a property that doesn’t have electricity yet.
The best part? It’s affordable too.
- The measurements are available in metric and imperial systems. It can measure length, distance, area, continuous measurement, and volume. It even has a Pythagorean mode!
- You can measure anywhere between 1/16 inches and 328 feet.
- It automatically shuts down after 150 seconds. This allows you to save power when the tool is not in use.
- Its rubber exterior is dust-proof and waterproof.
- The LCD with backlight is really bright.
- The batteries, wrist strap, and user manual are included.
- It’s hard to see the laser light if you’re working outdoors.
The DTAPE 328 Feet Digital Laser Tape Measure is a personal favorite and could easily be one of the best laser tape measures on the list. This is a compact tool that is easy to use. It can measure length, distance, and area accurately. The Pythagorean mode is also a fantastic addition to a very simple tool.
It can store up to 20 measurements which you can manually delete later on. The backlight is very bright, and its durable rubber body ensures that you will use it for many years. The buttons are large, and the functions are clearly indicated on them.
- The belt holster, wrist strap, and batteries are already included.
- It allows you to switch from metric to imperial and vice versa whenever you want.
- It is very compact and lightweight.
- This is an affordable laser tape measure.
- It is so compact that it’s going to feel flimsy if you have a large hand.
Wetols might not be popular among professionals and hobbyists, but the surprising thing is this little-known brand has been producing quality products for years. This little distance meter is one of its most impressive products to date.
This Wetols Laser Distance Meter can measure area, distance, and volume. It also has a Pythagorean, double Pythagorean, and continuous measurement function.
The design and the interface are not cluttered, and the system itself is easy to figure out. The body is dust-proof and splash-proof, while the LCD is backlit to help you see while you’re in a basement or if you’re working at night. The display has a reflective plate to make sure that you can see the measurements even when you’re working in direct sunlight.
- The Popoman Laser Distance Meter is the only tool in our list powered by a lithium-ion battery.
- Its LCD display has a very bright backlight.
- This laser distance meter can measure up to 196 feet. It can measure area, distance, and volume. It also has continuous measurement and Pythagorian measurement functions.
- It can be mounted on a tripod for hands-free use.
- This is a little-known brand. Although it says that the product has 2-years “quality promise” (whatever that means), it does not explicitly state something about the product warranty.
If you want a laser tape measure that’s affordable but is packed with all the features you need, then the Popoman Laser Distance Meter just might be the right tool for you.
It has all the features you want in a laser tape measure, from a backlit LCD to convenient measurement to the mute function.
What makes it stand out is its screw hole for tripod and its lithium-ion battery that can be charged using a USB cord. Whether you’re a hobbyist or a professional, you’ll definitely be impressed with this laser tape measure.
Laser tape measures are an essential tool in the architecture and construction industries. Many workers would still rather use a traditional tape measure because they are cheaper after all, but laser ones are slowly gaining ground thanks to their convenience and safety.
So, how does a laser tape measure work?
A traditional tape measure has a blade or tape with scales printed on it. The tape is absent in laser tape measure or laser distance meters (although there are laser distance measures where the traditional tape measure is also present). Laser distance meters measure distance using a laser beam pointed to a fixed point. It then measures how long it takes for the light to reflect or bounce back to the device.
The measurements can be toggled from imperial to metric and vice versa with a single touch of a button. Some laser tape measures have other features, including addition, subtraction, and calculation of the volume and area. Some also have a Pythagorean mode.
Using A Laser Tape Measure
Using a laser tape measure is simple and straightforward. All you have to do is point the laser light to the surface you need to measure (a wall, post, ceiling, cabinet, etc.), press the button on your device, and wait for the device to calculate distance, area, or volume. The measurement will be displayed on the screen.
Curious about remodeling projects you can do with laser measuring devices? Then check out our blog to get some ideas.
Advantages Of Using A Laser Tape Measure
One of the main advantages of using a laser tape measure is the measurements you get are accurate and reliable. This is especially helpful if you’re measuring longer distances or uneven surfaces. Unlike a traditional tape measure where you have to deal with the inevitable sagging or bending, the laser distance meter’s line of measurement is always straight.
Convenience and ease of use
Most laser tape measures are compact. The average laser distance meter tool has a length of 4 to 6 inches and has a width of more or less 3 inches. Their small size makes them easy to carry around anywhere. Just slip it inside a pocket of your cargo pants or vest, and you’re good to go.
It is also easy to use. Just point the laser light to a wall or cabinet, press the button, wait for the tool to calculate the distance, and voila!
You also don’t need to walk from one point of the location to another. Just stand where you are, point, push the button, and wait for the device to calculate the measurement. You can even measure the distance alone as you don’t need another person to hold the other end of the tape measure.
You can use it in low-light conditions
Remodeling a basement that has poor lighting or working in a location with low-light conditions? Then a laser tape measure will be your favorite tool as it has an LCD screen with backlight.
One of the main issues of using a traditional tape measure is that it’s easy to poke something you should not even touch with its tip, such as wires or pipes. Laser tape measures eliminate that danger because you don’t even need to move away from the place where you’re standing to find out the distance between you and your target.
With a laser tape measure, you don’t need to climb a ladder to measure a particularly high ceiling or wall. Just point the laser light upward and wait for the device to calculate the height.
It can measure the area, volume, and distance using the Pythagorean theorem
In the past, you have to whip out your notebook and calculator or smartphone just to calculate area or volume. Not anymore when you have a laser distance meter. The most advanced laser tape measures can automatically calculate area, volume, and distance using the Pythagorean theorem within a few seconds for you.
Check out our laser measure review above for the best laser measuring devices online.
And the best laser tape measure is the Leica DISTO D2 Laser Distance Measure. Let me clarify that all the digital measuring tools we have on the list are fantastic, but the Leica laser tape measure has impressive features and functions that make it stand out.
Most of the features of this Leica laser tape measure is pretty much on par with the other laser distance measures in the list. But what makes it stand out is the built-in Bluetooth that allows you to transfer multiple measurements from your device to your smartphone or tablet with just a tap of a button. You can also transfer it to Leica’s DISTO app, but you have to pay a monthly or yearly subscription fee for your account.
It can measure as much as 330 feet with its Class II laser. It has a waterproof and dust-proof body so you can use it in muddy or dusty job sites without worrying about the tool.
The tool can save as much as 10 measurements, and it has a kickstand/bottom plate that allows you to measure with greater accuracy. Plus, it is compact and easy-to-use.
There you have it. We hope you enjoyed our review of the best laser tape measures available online, and you can now make an informed decision while shopping thanks to our buying guide.
The post 7 Best Laser Tape Measure Tools [2020 Review] appeared first on Home Remodeling Contractors | Sebring Design Build.